Monday, November 15, 2010

Textures....

I am a bit of a texture junky.
You will find me constantly touching fabric, furniture, wood
pretty much anything that might have an interesting texture.
It's not just about seeing them but feeling them as well.
There is so much to be said about textures.
They make everything interesting.
Can you imagine a world with no texture.
I would cry.
My mom gave me a beautiful table cloth for our Thanksgiving table
and a very dear friend gave me a roll of burlap.
They were both laying on the table and I kept
finding myself stopping to look at them and touch them.
 I realized I needed to photograph them and share my addiction.


It's not just the texture but colors, the feel of rough and soft.
The table cloth looks rough but is so smooth to the touch
and the burlap just screams feel my roughness, my loose threads.


They both are reminiscent of fall and the all the seasonal changes
we are experiencing right now.
  I can't wait to decorate the table for Thanksgiving.
I have a funny suspicion it maybe all about textures and shades of brown.
I might even remember to cook the turkey.

Ciao,
F

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love this post . . . I am definitely a texture girl as well!! Hope you show pictures of the table!!!
xo - liz