Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pages....

There wasn't much I asked for from Santa this year
but there was one little present I would be more than happy
to have as the only gift under the tree this year.
I must have been a very good girl in 2010 because
my Santa gave me the one gift I really, really wanted.


A Sketchbook....
I haven't had one of these in a long time.
I use to keep one of sketches of my designs and clippings of
pictures of fashion that inspired me or I found to just be beautiful.
I felt like I needed to find my inspiration again and this
is how I find it easiest to organize or not organize those
ideas and inspirations.

I love to cut out pictures from magazines or print my own pictures I've taken.
I tape them in and write little notes about the images.
What is it I like about the photo...
What inspires me...
Ideas I might have...
Projects that could bloom...





I guess you can say the pages become my mood boards,
my story line...
I'm not the best drawer by far. In fact I wouldn't even agree that I can 
draw but I feel safe with these pages to make little sketches of my 
thoughts and ideas.



To see a book filled with just white, plane pages
of nothing might seem overwhelming even frightening
but for me it is a welcome friend.
...a place I can tell my little secrets 
no judgment is passed,
there is no other point of view,
no right or wrong...

Just my thoughts...
nothing more nothing less.

Thank you Santa!

Ciao,
F

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post - it is definitely one of my favorites of yours!!! Soooo excited for you!

I keep dreaming of having all my image files in one place . . . they are EVERYWHERE!!! - lol :)

by the way . . . I received the Blackbird Bakery cookbook from Santa - Love it - am sooo excited to bake something!!

Happy New Year!! - xoxo - liz