Monday, April 16, 2012

rusty industrial....

i love anything with a good patina or some quality rust.
two weeks ago my mom went to an estate sale for me
and found some great rusty industrial pieces with the 
perfect patina on them.



crackers and tobacco tins....





it's off to work we go....
 





the little attention to detail on the latch....
 



sturdy and perfect patina tool box....




small brass telling time....
take a look at the brass box....
 




 any ideas to what it may be?
i'm guessing a ink well box....
the owner used it for jewelry.


carry all box....




old tv and radio tubes....
like silver candy....
 





metal crate for?
but it does have  spot to hold your thermos....
 



good ol' fashion rust....
i see lavender in the milk jug and wood in the copper bin....
 


happy junking to all this week.
i am off to the big apple with my sweety to
celebrate our 20th anniversary.
that's right we met when we were 12.
see you all in a week.


ciao,
f

3 comments:

melanie said...

love the pics...I know a young man that wants your milk can :)
happy anniversary...sweeties!
melanie

Andy's Attic said...

Happy anniversary!! Sounds like a fun trip. Mom did very well..can she shop for me, too??

Malissa said...

You and your mom have wonderful taste. All of those items are just my style. I love the cracker box. The color is wonderful.
Missy